The vision for Love Twin Cities is to create a space where the church can encounter God (like the book of Acts) and be awakened to the Great Commandments (to love God and love people) and Great Commission (to preach the gospel and make disciples). This is an annual opportunity for the citywide church to join together in unity to create a resting place for the Lord (day and night worship and prayer) and from that place of holy encounter go out where lost people are and love them into the Kingdom (day and night outreach). We believe God is moving in our generation in a significant way. This is not an exhaustive list of what He will be doing through Love Twin Cities, but we are confident that these things are on God’s heart for this outreach.
- A RESTING PLACE FOR GOD. We need God to transform our cities. Nothing attracts the manifest presence of God like worship and nothing releases the Kingdom of God like prayer. We want to create a dwelling place for God in the Twin Cities by establishing a citywide altar with day and night worship and prayer. staffed by ministries from throughout Twin Cities (and laborers from around the country), each ministry will bring their offering of praise before the Lord on behalf of the city.
- THE CHURCH WALKING IN IDENTITY. Jesus knew who He was and we need to also. When we know who we are we will fulfill our destiny and our destiny is to know God and to make Him known in our families, neighborhoods and workplace. True sons and daughters live to reveal the Father. We were made to love God and to be fruitful and multiply. We are messengers of the gospel and disciple makers.
- THE CHURCH WALKING IN INTIMACY. We believe God is awakening His Church to first-love intimacy. Even as darkness is increasing, the Holy Spirit is preparing a spotless bride for the return of Christ. Our ability to complete the Great Commission is directly related to our life in the Secret Place. Jesus modeled this pattern of spending time with the Father, and then going forth and doing the works of the Kingdom. The atmosphere of day and night worship and prayer is charged with the life-giving presence of God and releases people into personal revival.
- THE CHURCH AS FAMILY. While it’s eternally significant that people encounter the Lord and experience salvation, it’s also important what they get saved into. It’s not an organization, programming or religion that people are longing for. They are longing for healthy family. The lost are waiting to see people in the church really loving each other and coming together to love God and love people. the church as family means we actually know each other authentically and work together in practical ways to establish the Kingdom of God in the Twin Cities.
- THE CHURCH ON MISSION. The harvest is ripe and the laborers are few. God wants to thrust people into the harvest and Love Twin Cities is a great context for believers to see effective Spirit-led evangelism as well as life on life discipleship modeled and be equipped to enter into the Great Commission as a lifestyle.
- DAY AND NIGHT CHURCH. We believe the Lord wants to release vision for a church that is advancing the Kingdom of God night and day until Jesus returns – fully ablaze, fully alive – walking in holiness, transparency and humility, in full view of a world that is desperate to know the truth. We believe that Love Twin Cities will eventually never stop (day and night/365) with the potential to reach 300,000+ people annually with the gospel.